Updated: Nov 6, 2019
“But if the spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead DWELL IN YOU, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.” Romans 8:11
The resurrection of Jesus Christ is the single most impactful moment in history. He was beaten. He was betrayed. He took on hell itself and rose from the grave triumphing over every sin, every sickness and disease, and destroyed the power of death itself. Nothing could hold him, no demonic force could stop him. And He did all of this how? The very spirit of God reached into the pit of hell and made our savior alive again! Wonderful beyond words. So, how does this affect us? Verse 11 of Romans 8 says that same spirit lives in us! Can we even begin to comprehend that?! THE SAME SPIRIT THAT RAISED JESUS FROM THE DEAD DWELLS IN YOU! This makes us overcomers in every situation in our lives.
Romans 8 is a chapter that fully explains what Jesus resurrection did for us:
Verses 1-3. You have been made free from the law of sin and death.
Verses 4-8. You can stay in the bondage of sin by following after carnal desires or
Verses 9-16. You can be led by the Spirit of God who dwells inside you.
Verses 17. You are an heir of God. HEIR: A person legally entitled to the property or rank of another on that person’s death.
Verse 18-25. We wait for our heavenly home.
Verse 26-28. The Holy Spirit on the inside of us helps us to pray the will of God for our lives, then we know that all things are working out for our good.
Verse 29-30. Our right standing with God.
Verse 31-39. How can we be defeated?!
Romans 8 fully describes our position with God through Christ Jesus. Romans 8 is a complete description of the overcoming power that has been given to us through Christ’s resurrection:
1. No condemnation.
2. We have been made free from the law of sin and death. We don’t have to sin
3. Explains how to walk free from sin.
4. Christ and his power lives inside us.
5. We are no longer debtors to the flesh.
6. The Spirit of God lives inside us.
7. We are heirs with Christ.
8. We know heaven is our home.
9. We can be led by the Holy Spirit Which will in turn make all things workout for our
10. We are made in the image of Jesus and we are right with God.
11. God spared not his one and only son how shall he not with him freely give us
anything we need.
12. God is for us who can be against us?
13. Nothing can separate us from the love of God.
So, my question is, if Romans 8 is the result of what Jesus did on the cross over 2,000 years ago ... how can we lose?